I started Song Henge for two reasons. First, I wanted a means to help cover the growing costs of producing and promoting the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. And second, I wanted a way for YOU to show your appreciation of the show, to actively support the podcast.
As the show becomes more and more popular, Song Henge is more and more necessary for the continuance of this show. Right now, the show costs over $700 per month to produce. My Core members are who make this happen.
The Cost of Running This Podcast
Here are some the monthly expenses associated with running this podcast:
- Website hosting $250 per month
- MP3 Hosting $30 per month
- Mailing list $80 per month
- High-speed internet $100 per month
Total = $460 per month
Plus, there are numerous miscellaneous expenses I must hire on a nearly monthly basis, including:
- Web designers
- Computer repair
- Graphic designer
- WordPress technician
- Business card printing
- Sticker printing
- Banners for festivals
- Minimal online advertising
Average cost per month $270 in 2013.
As you can see, it starts to add up. That’s over $730 per month to run this show. That’s about $7,800 per year!!!
I rely on you to tell your friends about this show. I release new episodes as I am able to do, every couple weeks or so. The rest of the time, I struggle to make a living as an indie Celtic musician with a family to support. It’s for that reason, I need Your help.
Benefits of Membership
When you become a member, not only does your annual donation keep this show running, but you also get the following added benefits:
- Free Sticker
- Song Henge Mailing List Subscription
- One new album of Celtic MP3s every month in your email
- Download one Celtic compilation CD
- Access up to two years of past Song Henge albums (24 albums, over 300 songs)
- Zip File to easily download all the past Irish & Celtic Music Podcast Shows
- Zip File to easily download the St. Patrick’s Day Podcast
- Zip File to easily download all the past Marc Gunn’s Pub Songs Podcast
You get all of this as my thank you. And of course, that includes the free Celtic MP3s that will arrive in your inbox every month. Song Hengers love it. And I hope you will too.
Sign up right now!
Some fans of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast like to support the show in different ways. If you don’t want to make an annual donation, then check out our other donation options.
No matter what you do, I want to thank you for your kind interest and support for the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. The show truly could not exist without You!