A warm fire glows in the hearth of Celtic culture with this warm compilation CD of Celtic Christmas music. Celebrate the holidays with A Celtic Christmas, featuring a mix of traditional and original songs and tunes about Christmas by indie Celtic bands.
All these artists were hand-selected for outstanding music by the award-winning downloadable radio show, the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. It is the largest Celtic podcast in the world and the #1 promoter of indie Celtic music.
- “Galician Carol” by Mithril
- “Hunting the Wren” by Heather Dale
- “Gloucestershire Wassail” by John McGaha
- “(Without You On) Christmas Day” by George Papavgeris
- “Cold Frosty Morning” by Tom Morley
- “Banjos We Have Heard on High” by Jed Marum
- “Christmas Day” by The Elders
- “Christmas in Scotland” by Marc Gunn
- “Irish Holiday” by The Gleasons
- “Yule Log and Holly Berries” by Rathkeltair
- “The Holy and the Ivy” by Pandora Celtica
- “I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In/Three Little Boats Went Out to Sea/Christmas Day Isa Moarnin/Christmas Eve Reel” by Iona
- “Christmas in Pittsburgh 1943” by Jim O'Connor
- “Bog Down in Christmas” by Brobdingnagian Bards
- “We're All Home for Christmas” by The Malarkeys
- “Christmas Waltz” by The Brigands' Folie
- “Silent Night” by The Gothard Sisters
Ever since I started the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast, and later the Celtic Christmas Podcast, I've sought the best indie Celtic music for Christmas. There are a lot more great Celtic Christmas songs. However, the trick is finding the Celtic Christmas music that is truly great.
That's why I decided to create a Celtic Christmas album for the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. I want to highlight some of the Celtic artists who are creating amazing Celtic Christmas music.