Finally getting close to finishing this compilation CD. I've been planning this compilation for a while. It's an album of mostly all-instrumental Irish music that I am compiling. I finally finished the track listing. The album sounds great. Here's what I have on it:
- “Cooley's Set (Reels: Cooley's Reel,/Sporting Paddy/Toss The Feathers)” by Wild Clover Band from Behind the Blarney
- “Sleeping Under The Tables Set” by Kennedy's Kitchen from A Pocketful of Lint
- “Lannigan's Ball/Rambling Pitchfork/Tar Road Sligo” by Cady Finlayson from Harp and Shamrock
- “Staten Island Hornpipe/Morpeth Rant” by The Jolly Rogues from Captain Billy's Privateers
- “The Gneeveguilla Reel/Drag her Round the Road/The Golden Keyboard” by Arabesque from Glen Road to Cordoba
- “The Boys from Blue Hill/Cherish the Ladies” by Bow Triplets from One Spot On Earth
- “Princess Royale” by Thomas “Doc” Grauzer from Infernal Harp Racket
- “Chicago Trippin up the Stairs by Boston Blackthorne from Better Late Than Ever
- “Rocky Road to Brenham” by Celtic Stone from Digital Traditions
- “Geordie Lad” by Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer from Thumb Twiddling
- “Old Grey Cat” by Marc Gunn & The Dubliners' Tabby Cats from Irish Drinking Songs for Cat Lovers
- “Congress Reel” by Poitin from Live!
- “The Road to Lisdonvarna/Morrison's Jig” by Vince Conaway from Distractions from the Muse
- “Polkas and Slides” by The Tea Merchants from The Tea Merchants
- “Banks of Spey/High Road to Linton” by Highland Fling from Highland Fling
- “Campbell's Farewell to Red Gap/Newcastle” by Bedlam Bards from Furious Fancies
- “The Skylark/Humours of Tulla/Lucy Campbell's” by Culann's Hounds from Year of the Dog
It sounds fantastic!
Incidentally, the title of the album came from a phrase I saw on a book I borrowed from Doc Grauzer about Irish music. As I recall, it mentioned how the British attempted to stomp out traditional music in Ireland, but nothing could stop it. The name sounded too cool to not use for something.